As promised I’m back looking for some opinions. I managed to scrape together some possible fabrics to use as sashing/background. They are not looking the best – poor light and lack of ironing (there was no way that was going to happen!) but you get the idea.
Now ignore the pattern on the fabric…like I said I had to scrape together some examples as my stash is somewhat limited. So what I’m thinking here is Kona Cypress or Kale.
I really like this colour, but worried that some of my greens may get a bit lost.
This needs no introduction by now, we all know what’s coming, yes it’s the city samplers…..
I’m almost past the halfway mark with these now which makes me happy!
Will be posting the next lot pretty quickly (as yet again I am behind) I just haven’t quite finished them yet.
These new ones are my favourites for a while….I think..I probably say that every time!! Anyway as a batch I love these colours together ……in fact one of the things I’ve loved most of all about making these millions of blocks is that I’m constantly finding new fabric and colour combinations to make me drool.
As I’m halfway (nearly) it’s about time for a recap…….favourites so far must be…….
- kona salmon, essex linen in black, timeless treasures raindrops in yellow and some kind of low volume white (in this case Indian Summer)
Do a happy dance and break out the bubbly because today’s the day I finally finished my Bloom Bloom Pow….yipee!!
This is such a super great achievement for me as it is also the first quilt I have made from scratch..cutting, piecing, quilting etc. Continue reading
Happy days…my sewing machine has returned!
Supposedly there was nothing wrong with it, but seriously there was and strangely they sent a new lead and foot pedal and now it works fine…hmm I wonder why?!
Nevermind, I don’t care as long as it’s back and not having a fit every 5 seconds.
So this means the Bloom Bloom Pow is back on track.
Last time I wrote about the quilt I had finished the top and that was it. So since then it has been a bit of a stressful task to get the Bloom Bloom on its way to being finished.
Here’s what’s been going on…..
I eventually finished my fabric cutting and after putting them in order, rearranging them, rearranging them again and then cutting some extra fabric to give me a few more options (as if I needed any) I think I have finally settled on a suitable combination. I’m sure I will change my mind again once I’ve finished stitching and know there’s no going back!