Let’s start with something different this time!
Well it’s now this 241 tote……………………..yay!
I didn’t use the chicopee red voltage dot in the end. Instead I went with Cuzco, Tsuru and Architextures and I love it! So much so that I’m going to make another one for me as this bag is a birthday present for my friend. I think I’ll change the fabrics a little as I hate making the same thing twice, but I will get some more Tsuru and probably stick with similar colours. Can’t wait…I really enjoyed making this and it was pretty pain free as I didn’t make any major mistakes… let’s just hope it doesn’t fall apart when used!
Excuse my massive hands in this photo!
Other than that I’m still working on the Bloom Bloom Pow.
As I mentioned in my last post I have finished the piecing which I found pretty difficult and the points are a bit hit and miss in places. Some of the seams were rather bulky so even though I was pinning like crazy using two pins to try and keep the fabric in place it still shifted when sewing. Anyhow I’m proud of myself for going back and fixing them as best I could and I got better as I went on.
My backing fabrics have arrived so very excited to get started on creating this. I think I’m going to use a mix of greys with the bloom fabrics I used on the top. Have ordered lots of Kona Solids Ash then some Medium grey, Charcoal and Quilter’s Linen in grey.
And finally the wrap skirt is still on the go!
I did think it would be finished last night, but the yoke was a bit bigger than the main skirt and I’m not happy with the finish now it’s attached so I need to get the seam ripper out and maybe reduce the size of the yoke slightly…fun, fun, fun!