Woop woop! I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. I’ve seen this a few times on various blogs and now I have one too, yay!
Thanks so much Shelley @ Cupcakes and Pearls! You really should go visit her blog she makes some super yummy cakes.
Basically the Liebster is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
There are some rules though, these are:
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs. (sorry I don’t know what a tag back is, so apologise now if I break this rule)
As you can see you have to work for it!
Random Facts About Me!
- I used to live in a tiny village in South Korea..it was ace.
- I can’t drive and have never attempted to learn …..I can’t afford to. Well, really I’d rather spend the money on fabric!
- My favourite cheese is Lancashire Black Bomb..mmmmm.
- I have a persian cat, her name is Empress Suki YumYum and she cheers my daughter up when she’s sad.
- My boyfriend bought himself a PS3 for christmas. Now after spending an evening sewing/felting we start playing Skyrim….how sad is that!
- I never tire of Peter Falk, go Columbo!
- None of my friends know I write this blog (as far as I’m aware)!
- I have five pairs of jeans but only one pair that fits. I put on weight after having my daughter, but am convinced I will get into them again one day….my daughter is now four, I’m starting to think it’s never going to happen!
- As part of a last ditch attempt to lose that last stone I have started swimming again after 20 years out of the pool.
- I luuurve sloe gin.
- I have been learning French for at least two years and talk to my French friend every week, but can still barely string a sentence together!
Cupcake and Pearl’s Questions
What is your favorite food to cook?
One word – arancini
Where’s your favorite place to go on vacation?
There isn’t any one particular place that I like to go on holiday. We went to Budapest last year which was beautiful and would definitely like to go back. Other than that I have been to a number Asian countries and would love to go again when my daughter is a bit older.
What is your favorite season?
Unfortunately for me I tend to like extremes so either winter or summer. I say unfortunately because weather in the UK tends to fall somewhere in between.
Who is your favorite singer?
Bonnie Prince Billy (I wouldn’t really call him a singer as such).
If you could do any job at all, what would you do?
I became really interested in design while studying for my degree and kind of wish I’d decided to go into something along those lines, anything like textile/fabric design or architecture. Other than that maybe art therapy or something involving lots of free travel!
Favorite way to waste time?
Reading blogs ….not that it’s a waste of time!
What did you watch on TV last night?
Not much to be honest the options are pretty poor at the moment. Watched Masterchef and also working my way through Boardwalk Empire on DVD.
Favorite place to shop?
Sadly I don’t do much shopping and I can’t remember the last time I bought any clothes. My intention was to start making them, but I haven’t got very far!
What is your ideal date night?
Nothing fancy, something involving food is always good and possibly a film.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your pet peeve?
- City or countryside?
- What’s your favourite film?
- If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party who would they be?
- What’s you favourite fabric line?
- Who’s your favourite author?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Do you have any goals for the year?
- Where did you last go on holiday?
- Favourite word?
Now for the lovely blogs in no particular order…….
- hamilton chicklets
- a bushel and a peck
- buzy day
- sew love to sew
- goosie’s mom
- factotum of arts
- drowning in fabric
- NW patchwork
- life on a dirtroad
Gosh! That took longer than expected.
Time for a cup of tea!